CEM Day Ltd and its associated companies, namely Car Hire (Day of Swansea) Ltd and Three Cliffs Investments Company Ltd, is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment.
The clear objective of the Company is to minimise any impact on the environment by
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community.
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse waste
- To promote sustainable considerations and make improvements when possible
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers and contractors by implementation of operational procedures.
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate andsocially responsible manner.
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
- To purchase ‘sustainable products’ wherever feasible for example recycled products, FSC or low environmental impact products
- Adopt an environmentally sound project or ways to improve and reduce carbon emissions
- Periodically assess the environmental impact of our operations
Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and daily supervision of all work.
The Company will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of Statutory Legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environmental Agency and others. As part of the Company’s commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, it is the intention that the Company will work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO 14001.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practical, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment matter.
The Company will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective prevent and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy. This policy has been endorsed by the Company’s Directors who give their full support to its implementation.
Whilst maintaining the contents of the E.M.S., attention is given to on-going ‘Aspects and Impacts’ and the continual assessment in relation to our ‘Environmental S.M.A.R.T. Objectives’ and the legislation to which the objectives give consideration too.
It is also the intention of the Company to examine and where needed improve on aspects contained within this policy by way of continual improvement of the ‘Environmental Management System’.